Monday, June 22, 2009

Dan's Birthday Present

As usual, it took me a few weeks to getting around to writing this post. For Dan’s birthday Jenna decided that Alex and their boys would take Dan to an Angel game. They asked if I wanted to tag along, so how could I say no?



I’m not sure why she thought baseball would be fun. Neither Dan, Alex, nor either of her boys likes baseball. Of all the professional sports to choose from, I think baseball is the most boring. I would even pick soccer over a baseball game, but it is always fun to hang out with the boys so why not? It won't be long before they are too old to want to hang out with their uncle. The Angeles were playing the San Diego Padres which are always good games to attend becuase a lot of Padres fans come up to watch the game. Having a lot of fans from the opposing team at the staduim makes the home team fans cheer even more.
The seats were great. I’ve sat in many different locations at a ball game; high, low and in between. But every time I have been close to the grass I have always been near the in-field. We sat in row K just inside the foul pole in left field. A lot of balls are hit out in left field, so while you are not close in to the pitches and base running it was fun to watch the balls flying in the air towards us and see the left fielder run them down.



It also didn’t hurt that the Angeles rocked them 9 to 2. A lot of action and lot of home runs... I just got a new phone and played around with the vedio camera. I was kind of tricky to figure it out so the this video isn't very good but I thought I would add it any way. I want to try to have more videos on the blog in the future.
What do you know, baseball isn’t always a bore. Here's Alex explaining the in's and out's of the game to Bren.


So what did the girls do while the boys where at the ball game? What else? They took Barbara out for a pedicure for her birthday.

Look at those relaxed, beautiful feet.
A fun day for all.

No comments: