Monday, May 4, 2009

Swine Flu

Look out, here comes the pigs!
Our local high school, Newbury Park High, closed today because a student caught the piggy flu. They closed two schools in Oxnard last week. I guess that's to be expected when you live next to a farming community.

While I don't have the swine flu, I do have an out break of posion oak. It started off as just one spot on my arm. Unfortunately, I thought it was a bug bite so I wasn't careful about spreading it. Now I have a large patch on my calf, two spots on my right arm and three on the left. Itchy, itchy.

I started physical therapy two weeks ago. Going into it I was very doubtful that it was going to help, but my pain has actually decreased since I started. However, while my days are going better on the pain scale, I am still having trouble sleeping through the night without tons of pain pills and sleeping pills.

Lastly, one word about out Lakers. Very, very sloppy play for a team that is suposed to be one of the favorites to win it all. Come on guys, try to play with pasion the WHOLE game.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I saw on the news tonight that they closed Newbury Park School for at least a week and No Prom...How sad for the Seniors. Is the High School for your new neighborhood?

I am glad you are just suffering from itchy, itchy and not the piggy piggy flu..Cute picture.

I didn't have back surgery, but I can't sleep either without a couple of Tylenol PM. That's why I am leaving this comment past midnight...the Tylenol hasn't kicked in yet.

Aaron said...

That game was a bummer.

stevewitten60 said...

Yep, NBHS is our local high school. We are just hoping the middle school doesn't close becaue our two nephews go there.