Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Dinner

Tania and I went out for valentine’s dinner on Thursday. We beat the crowds and had a nice enjoyable dinner. If you watch America’s Top Chef on Bravo then you should know the Chef from Italy named Fabio. The restaurant he owns and cooks at is in Moorpark called Café Firenze. We have been their before and know the food is exceptional. Through my work I am able to buy a $25 gift certificate $7 so it was also a good deal.

We tape the show and are a little behind so we were not up to date on Fabio’s standing in the show. When sat down, we saw him coming out of the kitchen to talk to a few guests. I was surprised he wasn’t still on the show because he seems to be one of the better chefs. I asked our waiter about it and he said Fabio made it to the finals and he would be going back to film the last episode in a week or.



Tania had the Butternut squash ravioli and I have the solver dole wrapped up with spinach. The presentation of the food wonderful. My fish looked like little fish cinnamon roles. For dessert we a trio of chocolate cake, bread pudding and cheese cake. The cheese cake was served warm and was incredible. I love exceptional good. It’s too bad great restaurants cost so much, but we got out of there for $50 (including the $25 off).

Not bad for a nice romantic dinner with my wife with food from a soon to be world famous chef. Let’s see the other husbands’ out there top that.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I watch Top Chef!! i totally want to go there!

Beth said...

yum!

you beat Charles...I got some candy and a nice card